Joining the McPhy team means taking part in an exciting human and professional adventure in a rapidly growing group. In today’s world full of technological, environmental and social transformations, our ambition is to play a part in rolling out zero-carbon hydrogen as a solution to climate change, and to help build a social model which is more sustainable, resilient and which has a positive impact on mankind.
Do you share our vision of the future? Do you want to reveal your talents in an international, innovative and dynamic environment? Join now our team at our Engineering Competence Centre in Wildau close to Berlin as Safety Engineer (m/f/d).
- Corporate Benefits
- Remote Working
- 30 days vacation per calender year
- Strong international team spirit
- “Duz” culture / flat hierarchies
- Good public transport connections/ Free parking spaces
- Attractive region with high recreational value
- Ensure implementation of the McPhy philosophy for functional safety in electrolysis systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards for hydrogen systems and water electrolysis.
- Ensure compliance with functional standards, e.g. IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
- Lead risk analysis study on electrolyser, e.g., HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA
- Present risk analysis study to McPhy’s customer
- Close cooperation with engineering (automation, electrical, mechanical, process) and service department
- Performing and following up on reliability and availability calculations, safety requirements and safety specifications
- Ensuring follow-up of hazard studies, ATEX
- Document monitoring of the standard structuring the functional safety related to hydrogen system
- Consolidate McPhy’s methodology for functional standards implementation
- Successfully completed university degree in engineering with a focus on process engineering, plant engineering or mechanical engineering, or industrial engineering with specialist knowledge in functional safety.
- Several years & very good knowledge of safety-relevant measurement, control and regulation technology as well as mechanical protective devices
- Very good knowledge of ATEX zone classification, control systems and user interface (HMI)
- Very good knowledge of regulations and standards including: ATEX IEC 60079; Functional Safety IEC 61508, EN 61511; Machinery ISO EN 13849
- MS Office, software for reliability and availability calculation (fault tree, reliability block diagram, Petri net...)
- Fluent written and spoken German and English; knowledge of Italian or French is an advantage
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, also in international complex matrix organisations
- Independent and forward-looking way of working
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Be there - and let's get in touch!
Were we able to convince you of these responsible tasks and our innovative environment? Then we look forward to receiving your application documents soon.